1Li River(12 Pictures)
As a pearl in the beautiful landscapes of China, Li River, a branch of the Zhujiang River, is like a blue satin, winding among the spectacular hills, enjoying the fame as '100 miles Li River is 100 miles gallery'.
2Elephant Trunk Hill(6 Pictures)
The Elephant Trunk Hill is situated at the meeting point of the Li River and the Taohua River in Guilin City. It is so named because the hill resembles a huge elephant drinking in the river. In 1995, the image of Elephant Trunk Hill was selected as the city emblem of Guilin City.
3Reed Flute Cave(8 Pictures)
The Reed Flute Cave is located at the bank of Taohua River, 6 km (3.7 miles) away from downtown Guilin, Guangxi Province. It earns its fame for the gorgeous stalactites and stalagmites of all shapes and colors.
4Guilin City(8 Pictures)
Well-known as the 'Top Scenic Spot under Heaven' all over the world, Guilin owns enticing mountains and water, such as the Li River and Elephant Trunk Mountain. Located in the southwest of Nanling Mountains and with an average altitude of 492 feet, the whole city is covered with karst landforms.
5Seven Star Park(6 Pictures)
Located at the eastern bank of the Li River, 1.5 km (0.9 miles) away from downtown Guilin, Guangxi Province, the Seven Star Park is famous for the Seven Star Cave, the Camel Mountain, the Guihai Tablet Forest, the Crescent Mountain, the Yuanfeng Cave, the Guhua Bridge, the Qicai Mural and the Xixia Temple.
Asked By Jane (New Zealand) | Jan. 19, 2012 01:341 AnswerAnswer Question
is it cold if I take a Li River Cruise?
what is the temperature and what should i wear?Asked By Abby | Nov. 17, 2011 01:501 AnswerAnswer Question
I'm planning to visit Guilin, Terrace rice field, and Yangshuo in late June/early July. My reserach leads me to the following questions. Please kindly advise me.
1) I'm planning to visit the terraced rice field independently (without taking the tour); and I need to take the bus from Guilin to Pingan. I am having trouble locating the bus station in Guilin? What is the closest hotel to the bus station in distance?
2) Several reviews mentioned that there's no official bus station in Longshen and Pingan. How do I catch the bus from Terrace rice field back to Guilin?
3) I want to stay 2 nights in Pingan, is it safe to do so? If so, what hotels/guesthouses are recommended?
4) Where is the dock station for taking the boat ride from Guilin to Yangshuo?
5) Where is the bus station going from Yangshuo back to Guilin?Asked By Denail (Brazil) | May. 29, 2011 04:271 AnswerAnswer Question
I am going to Guilin July/August, is it too hot for a sleeping bag at night? Will just a sleeping sheet do, or does it get cold at night?Asked By Tony (Finland) | May. 24, 2011 04:291 AnswerAnswer Question
how about the scenery of Longji in March or April? can i get beautiful pictures?Asked By David (Canada) | Feb. 23, 2011 03:231 AnswerAnswer Question